Data AnalyticsMaster of Data Analytics (MDA)
Program ContactJennifer Dungavell (email@example.com)
Professional Program Coordinator
Western University Western Science Centre, Rm 168 London, Ontario N6A 5B7
The Master of Data Analytics (MDA) is designed to produce professionals ready to pursue an analytics-focused career within the public and private sectors.
The program, building on students’ core competencies in computer science and statistics, equips them with a set of highly sought-after, interdisciplinary technical data analytics skills. Students are also provided with the opportunity to customize their learning experience through the selection of two specialty fields. The program culminates with an internship where students will get practical, hands-on experience using the analytics skills in a workplace environment.
- 3 Terms (1 year)
- Full-time study
- Applicants must possess a four-year degree from an accredited university with a minimum average of 75% across courses taken in the last two full-time equivalent years of the undergraduate degree. Equivalent qualifications may be considered based on the standards of the discipline or profession.
- The Master of Data Analytics program builds on students’ existing skills and knowledge in computer science and statistics. Successful applicants will have the following basic level of mathematical and computer science background, as demonstrated by achieving an average of at least 75% in the following list of fundamental courses: at least one half-course of calculus and one half-course of linear algebra; at least one half-course of calculus-based probability, at least one half-course of calculus-based statistics; and at least two half-courses of computer programming.
- In addition, evidence of a certain level of mathematical maturity must be demonstrated by having successfully completed a mathematically mature course at the third or fourth year undergraduate level, with a mark of at least 75%. For full details about the admission requirements, please click Data Analytics on the above right sidebar of this webpage.
English Language Proficiency
Applicants whose first language is not English must furnish evidence of their proficiency in the use of the English language. Note that the English Language Proficiency requirements for the MDA program admission exceed the standard university requirement for graduate level studies because students in the MDA Program are called upon to exercise their communication skills frequently through class discussions, written assignments, group work and oral presentations. For full details on the MDA program’s English Language Proficiency requirements, please click Data Analytics on the above right sidebar of this webpage.:
- January 15 - Students who apply by this deadline will receive full consideration for the first round of offers.
- March 1 – Second round offers.
- April 1 - Final deadline for international applications.
- August 15 - Final deadline for domestic/permanent resident applications.
Program entry will occur in the Fall term.
- Term 1: 2.5 FCE including 4 core and 1 specialty field courses Career Development Seminar Series (bi-weekly)
- Term 2: 2.5 FCE including 3 core and 2 specialty field courses Career Development Seminar Series (bi-weekly)
- Term 3: Experiential Learning Opportunity (12 week co-op placement / Major Research Project)
Fields of Research
- Artificial Intelligence
- Finance, Banking, and Insurance