Design and Manufacturing EngineeringMaster of Engineering (MEng)
Program ContactWhitney Barrett (email@example.com)
The Faculty of EngineeringWestern University
Spencer Engineering Building Rm 2077
London, Ontario N6A 5B9
t. 519-661-2111 ext. 81134
The Advanced Design & Manufacturing Institute (ADMI) MEng is offered by Queen’s University and Western University, and is designed for working engineering graduates. The program is delivered in class, part-time, and on weekends. You can choose to complete the program in as little as two years. This exciting program is designed to give practicing engineers the technical knowledge and business and management skills necessary for them to advance to the forefront of their profession.
- 6 terms (2 years)
- Course-based, part-time study
- Students in the MEng program are NOT provided with financial support of any kind by Faculty of Engineering or School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies.
- Admission Average: North American B- (70%)
- Applicant should have a Bachelors degree in Engineering, or similar program
- This program is for individuals who currently live and work within Southwestern Ontario. International applicants will only be considered once they have relocated to the area.
English Language Proficiency
For applicants whose first language is not English or if a student has not completed 2 years of undergraduate or graduate education at an English-speaking institution in a country whose official first language is English, then you must provide proof of your proficiency in English by successfully completing one of the recognized English Language Proficiency examinations:
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Minimum acceptable score is 550 for the paper and pencil version, 213 for the computer version, or 86 for the internet version with no individual score below 20. [Western's TOEFL ID is 0984].
- The International English Language Testing Service (IELTS). Minimum acceptable score is 6 out of 9.
- The Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB). Minimum acceptable score is 80 on each section and an overall score of 85.
- The Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL Assessment). Minimum acceptable score is 60.
- CultureWorks. The requirement is successful completion of the High-Advanced level. Click here for information regarding a conditional offer of admission, pending CultureWorks completion.
- Fanshawe College's ESL Program. The requirement is graduation from Level 5, Advanced Academic Preparation, with a minimum 80% in all components.
- Continuously accepting applications.
- 9 Courses
- Minimum residency: 6 academic terms (2 year)
- This program is designed to be completed part time
- Students can start in September, January or May