Teaching Master Classes
Step into the classrooms of Western’s most innovative instructors and observe how they engage their undergraduate students with the course material in creative ways. Following the in-class observation, meet the instructor for a post-class conversation about their teaching strategies. Teaching Master Classes are offered across disciplines in varied classroom settings – large, small, upper year, survey, practical, and theoretical. This is an excellent opportunity to benefit from the experience and insight of our most successful teachers. Participants will have an opportunity to ask questions and get a behind the scenes perspective into class preparation, course design, assessment, lecturing, student engagement and classroom management, among others.e potential of your doctoral degree.
- Centre for Teaching and Learning
- Graduate students and postdoctoral scholars
What to expect:
- Participants will observe one undergraduate class and then meet with the faculty member as a group for a one-hour, informal conversation facilitated by an educational developer from the CTL
- Identify excellent undergraduate teaching practices
- Interact with experienced faculty to discuss pedagogy and approaches to teaching