Common Formatting Errors
ETD Fast Facts
The School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies reviews all theses
prior to publication.
Here is a list of the most common errors that cause a delay in the
final publication of theses:
- a title page is automatically generated and attached to the front of your thesis upon upload to Scholarship@Western
Certificate of Examination
- this document is presented to SGPS when your thesis is ready to be published
- it is not to be included in the published work
Table of Contents
- the body of your thesis is Page 1
- all pages that precede Page 1 are to be numbered with roman numerals
- for page numbering assistance in Microsoft Word please view "Add and format page numbers"
- do not include any signatures, email address, phone numbers or mailing addresses throughout the thesis, this includes any appendices and your CV
- please redact any signatures or contact information provided on documentation