Graduate Program Administrator
Department of Biochemistry
Medical Sciences Rm 342
London, Ontario N6A 5C1
519-661-2111 ext. 86850
The Department of Biochemistry offers MSc and PhD graduate degrees. PhD and thesis based MSc degrees require completion of a research-intensive thesis, course work, and participation in a seminar program. The Department also offers an Accelerated MSc degree and a non-thesis Masters degree.
Times to Completion
- Full-time study
Applicants (domestic and international) are encouraged to apply for the following scholarships:
- BSc in biochemistry, biology, genetics, chemistry, cell biology, microbiology, physiology or closely related disciplines.
- Minimum 78% GPA in the undergraduate degree.
Graduate Record Examination Scores (GRE) - For international applicants only.
- Institution Code for Western: 0984
- Department Code: 0202 (Biochemistry)
A score in one of the following subjects is required: Biochemistry, Cell & Molecular Biology; Biology; Chemistry. A minimum score is not set; scores will be evaluated on an individual basis.
Applicants whose first language is not English must furnish evidence of their proficiency in the use of the English language:
- February 1 - Fall or Summer Term
- June 1 - Fall Term
- October 15 - Winter Term
Acceptance notifications begin as soon as your application is completed and reviewed.
Fields of Research
- Genome Dynamics, Epigenetics, and Gene Expression
- Human Genetics and Clinical Biochemistry
- Macromolecular Structure and Dynamics
- Signal Transduction and Intercellular Communication