Academic Program Coordinator
Department of Earth Sciences
Biological & Geological Sciences Building Rm 1026
London, Ontario N6A 5B7 t.
519-661-2111 ext. 84523 f.
The course-based Masters in Geology (M. Geol.) is designed to meet the growing demand in industry for highly-trained applied geologists. The course-based Masters students are an important component of Resource Geoscience Western, an endeavor that we are pursuing in collaboration with Industry Partners and which places us at the forefront of Earth Sciences in Canada across a broad range of applied Earth Science disciplines.
Times to Completion
- Full-time study
Applicants (domestic and international) are encouraged to apply for the following scholarships:
- Four-year degree in science, engineering, math, computer science, geography, or a related discipline from an accredited university.
- Achieved at least a 75% average over the last two years of the Bachelor's degree.
- Scans of transcripts from all post-secondary study completed.
- A CV or resume.
- Statement of Intent for graduate study.
- Contact information for three referees, who will be asked to complete confidential letters of reference online.
Applicants whose first language is not English must furnish evidence of their proficiency in the use of the English language:
We can offer a waiver of the English proficiency test when the applicant has completed at least one year of study at an accredited university where English is the medium of instruction. Waivers are not guaranteed and are judged on a case-by-case basis.
Domestic and International Applicants:
- Deadline is January 24 for a September 1 start date. We do not offer January or May admission to the one-year MSc.
Students can be accepted who apply after the January 24 deadline in exceptional circumstances. Please visit the department website for more information.
Fields of Research
- Earth and Planetary Systems
- Earth Evolution: Surface, Life and Climate
- Resource Geoscience
- Tectonic Processes and Crustal Dynamics