Graduate study at Western is made possible,
In order to aid the graduate community, The School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies aims to:
- support graduate programs in maintaining high quality and standards, introducing innovations, and increasing enrolments
- support graduate students and postdocs in the successful completion of their studies and in development of competitive and marketable career skills
- enhance the profile of graduate and postdoctoral studies at Western
- Enhance a passion for the pursuit of knowledge and original thought within the graduate and postdoctoral community and support the personal and professional development of our students and postdoctoral scholars.
- Provide and promote best practices in recruitment, admissions, progression and retention.
- Collaborate with programs,
studentsand the campus community to achieve a supportive and stimulating academic environment through a blend of structure and flexibility from initial inquiry to graduation.
- Provide a professional and comprehensive administrative home that will effectively promote and serve the community of postdoctoral scholars.
- We are a highly skilled and innovative team who act as a comprehensive resource on graduate and postdoctoral matters, accountable to all graduate programs,
studentsand postdoctoral scholars. We facilitate a culture that values fairness and open communication.