Technology and Social MediaUse social media to promote your work and network with colleagues. The following resources are designed to help you strengthen your ability to use technology and social media effectively for professional applications and relationship building.
- Please join us for a hands-on session to improve your research skills. During this workshop, you will learn about advanced search strategies and specialized databases, learn about Tri-Agency Open Access requirements, discover and evaluate different means for disseminating your research and discover online tools that can save you time.
- These interactive seminars for future professors and professionals provide valuable insight into teaching and career-strategies across the disciplines. The workshops in this series are constantly evolving to meet the current interests of graduate students and postdoctoral scholars.
- The Advanced Teaching Program (ATP) is a 20-hour short course designed for advanced graduate students who would like to develop practical teaching skills for current and future teaching roles. Topics include course design strategies, active learning, authentic assessment of student learning, and maintaining a culture of respect and community in the classroom. Participants gain hands-on experience by practicing instructional techniques in microteaching sessions where they receive constructive feedback from peers and an experienced team of instructors. Participants also design a workshop on teaching in their discipline. Graduates of the program have the opportunity to submit their capstone projects for publication in the Teaching Innovation Projects Journal.
- Get the knowledge you need to build your network! Your time at graduate school will be filled with opportunities to make connections in and outside of your field. This short online workshop will give you the information you'll need to make the most of each opportunity. Learn how to plan, prepare, build and foster your network and watch opportunities unfold in front of you.
- In this online module, learn how to communicate effectively and finesse your email etiquette.