Trudeau Doctoral Scholarships
Leaders cannot emerge from a vacuum, without networks, mentorship, training, or role models.
The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarship Program will help shape researchers into engaged leaders who are conscious of the impact of their research, connected to the realities of the communities in which they work, and open to non-conventional forms of knowledge. The Foundation is seeking candidates who are audacious, original, and forward-thinking.
The program will last for three years and will also provide generous support for Scholars’ doctoral work in the form of a stipend and a research and travel allowance.
Interested students apply directly to the Foundation. In the past, universities selected a shortlist of nominees, a step that will no longer be part of the process in 2021.
Updated November 4, 2020
- $40,000 per year for three years to cover tuition and reasonable living expenses; and
- $20,000 per year for three years, as a research and travel allowance
- October: Application period opens
- January 5, 2021: Deadline to submit an application directly to the Foundation
- May: Official announcement of new Scholars