Organization of American States
The Objective of this Agreement is to establish the terms and conditions for cooperation between the parties in order to strengthen education and human development within the framework of the OAS Human Development Programs in the Americas through:
- Co-sponsorship of scholarship recipients selected through the OAS Scholarship and Training Programs to study at the University of Western Ontario.
- Agreement (.pdf)
Western University through the host graduate program shall provide funding to OAS Scholarship Recipients accepted by the University.
Western guarantees minimum annual funding for doctoral students, from all sources, of $13,000 plus tuition.
For doctoral students who start in September 2018 (September 1, 2018 – August 31, 2019), the Doctoral Funding Guarantee for domestic and international students is $20,067.
Masters students will receive the same level of funding as is guaranteed to all masters’ students in the graduate program; where there is no minimum guarantee the student will receive at least the equivalent of tuition only.
OAS will provide:
- Funds to cover ancillary fees and health insurance.
- Funds to cover international travel to and from the place of study.
- Appropriate maintenance costs (i.e. living expenses, books and other study materials)
- During the application process ensure that the student is recorded with the approved dates provided by OAS in the Student Center and all application documents are stored in Laserfiche.
- At the end of each term, inform the Department of Human Development of each OAS scholarship recipient’s academic progress.
The Office of the Registrar will:
- Invoice OAS each term for ancillary and health fees for each of these students.