Saudi Arabia King Abdullah Scholarship Program
Objective: To prepare and qualify Saudi human resources to compete on international levels in the labor market and different fields of scientific research, thereby creating an essential source of highly qualified individuals for the benefit of Saudi universities and research centers as well as other public and private institutions. KASP students undertake academic programs in the following fields of study: Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing, Other Medical/Health Sciences, Engineering, Computer Science, Natural Sciences and other disciplines such as law, accounting, e-commerce, finance, insurance
The Bureau will cover:
- King Abdullah Scholarships provide financial support for scholarship recipients, including:
- Monthly stipends of at least CAD$2,800 for each single student (increased if the student is accompanied by his/her spouse and/or other dependants)
- Full tuition and fees paid directly to the educational institution
- Coverage of fees for language training at study destination may be available for up to 12 months. Extension to the ESL study period beyond 12 months may be granted on a case-by-case basis
- Cost of attending conferences, symposia and workshops, funding is determined on a case by case basis
- Expenses for field trips needed for experiments or data collection, funding is determined on a case by case basis
- 100% health insurance for the student and family members
- Bench Fees to help cover the costs of consumable materials used for research (up to $5000 for master's and up to $10,000 for PhD)
- Merit awards available for students who do exceptionally well in their studies
- Tickets to travel to and from Saudi Arabia annually
On behalf of the host university, the Graduate Program will:
Provide laboratory space, library access, appropriate equipment and supplies to carry out the research project, on the same basis as is done for domestic students.
- Ensure the student is registered and record the Bureau agreement with the approved dates provided by the Bureau in the Student Center.
- Report as required
tothe Bureau on the status and sources of income for these registered students.
Office of the Registrar will:
Invoice the Bureau each term for tuition and ancillary fees for each of these students.