Department of Physiology and Pharmacology
Medical Sciences Rm 216
London, Ontario N6A 5C1
519-661-2111 ext. 84224
The goals of this graduate program are to train students in Physiology and Pharmacology. Graduates of the Master's program will be capable of active participation in a research program, and of teaching the disciplines as well as applying physiological, pharmacological and/or toxicological principles in industrial and professional contexts. Graduation from the Doctoral program is an essential step towards a career as an independent researcher in academia, and to obtain higher level professional positions in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries, as well as government agencies and research-funding organizations.
Times to Completion
- Full-time study
Applicants (domestic and international) are encouraged to apply for the following scholarships:
- Honours degree (4 year degree) or its equivalent in physiology, pharmacology, toxicology, biology or a related discipline.
- Minimum academic average of 80% during the final two years of the undergraduate program.
Applicants whose first language is not English must furnish evidence of their proficiency in the use of the English language:
- February 1 - Fall Term
- July 31 (pending spots remaining) - Fall Term
- March 1 - Summer Term
- November 1 - Winter Term
Fields of Research
- Cardiovascular Sciences
- Cell, Developmental and Cancer Biology
- Clinical and Basic Pharmacology
- Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology