Communication in the Canadian Classroom
Communication in the Canadian Classroom is a 12-hour short course designed for international graduate students who would like to develop their English language skills for teaching. Workshop activities include discussions of cultural differences in the classroom, role plays involving giving feedback to students, and opportunities to practice expressing ideas concisely. Participants will develop their English communication skills in a supportive atmosphere among graduate students from a variety of disciplines and cultures.
- Centre for Teaching and Learning
- International and new resident graduate students, international postdoctoral scholars
- Develop English language skills for the classroom
- Identify and apply cultural differences in patterns of communication
- Recognize stages of culture shock and develop your own strategies for cultural adjustment
- Acquire strategies to communicate successfully with supervisors, peers, and students