Ontario Women's Health Scholar AwardsFunded by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, a Scholar Awards Program in Women's Health has been established to ensure that Ontario attracts and retains pre-eminent women's health scholars. The community of women's health scholars fostered by this Awards program will excel, according to internationally accepted standards of scientific excellence, in the creation of new knowledge about women's health and its translation into improved health for women, more effective health services and products for women, and a strengthened health care system.
- Master’s Awards - $25,000 for one year, plus a $1,000 research allowance
- Doctoral Awards - $35,000 for one year, plus a $2,000 research allowance
- Postdoctoral Awards - $50,000 for one year, plus a $5,000 research allowance
Deadlines are set by COU and each institution is allowed to submit up to two (2) applications at the master’s level, two (2) at the doctoral level, and two (2) at the postdoctoral level:
- September – Competition opens and application is available
- December 1st – Application deadline for students to submit to SGPS
- January – SGPS Executive Committee convenes
- January 31st – Institutional deadline to submit nominations to COU
Each applicant must submit to the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (Erin Daley email@example.com) their complete application (electronic or hard copy accepted). Referees may forward hard copy appraisals or electronic copies directly to the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies. Master's and Doctoral applicants are required to submit all undergraduate and graduate official hard copy transcripts to accompany their application (electronic copies will not be accepted).
- How to Apply: Online Application
- Completed applications (electronic or hard copy) must be submitted to the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (Erin Daley firstname.lastname@example.org). Referees may forward hard copy appraisals or electronic copies directly to the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies. All transcripts must be official hard copy transcripts (electronic copies will not be accepted).