Indigenous Graduate Student Research Award
The Indigenous Graduate Research Award aims to grow the next generation of Indigenous scholars doing Indigenous research and to financially support Indigenous graduate students enrolled at Western with research-related expenses.
- Awards will vary between $1,000 and $5,000 each, depending on students’ needs.
- Application due dates are May 31, 2021 and September 31, 2021 (There are two deadlines to accommodate graduate students’ terms which start in May and September 2021).
- All applicants must self-identify as an Indigenous.
- All applicants must be registered in a graduate program at Western at the time of application.
- All applicants must complete an application form and outline their research project (i.e. title, background, purpose, and methodology within one-page single space not including reference list).
- All applicants must provide a budget that outlines the requested research-related expenses and how these expenses and/or activities will contribute to completing their research.
- All applicants must provide a name and email address for one academic reference (i.e. their academic/thesis supervisor, faculty member or research partner including Elder or community member) who will be contacted by Office of Indigenous Initiatives and invited to fill out a reference form.
- Donna Noah, Indigenous Financial Aid Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).