New Students

We understand you may have questions about starting your graduate program at Western. This section will help you get started, as will orientation events offered by your individual program. We look forward to serving you at this important juncture of your academic and professional pursuits.

Am I required to provide official transcripts before I can register in the program?

Yes, you are required to provide official transcripts, as indicated on your Offer of Admission. Please send transcripts to:
Graduate Admissions
School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
International and Graduate Affairs Building, Room 1N07
Western University
1151 Richmond Street
London, Ontario Canada N6A 3K7

If my institution is providing electronic transcripts, will Western accept them?

SGPS will accept electronic transcripts as official transcripts if they are sent from the institution's Registrar's Office. Please send your electronic transcripts to

Can I defer my admission to a future term?

Please consult with your program.

Is there a deadline for the decision to defer?

Please consult with your program.