Graduate Bursary AssistanceBursaries are non-repayable, taxable grants issued to full-time students who demonstrate financial need. They supplement other sources of funding such as OSAP, the full-time student's own resources and/or those of the parents/spouse.
- Log into your Student Center account, select Apply for Financial Assistance in the Financial Assistance box at the bottom of the page.
- Application will open beginning of the firstmonth of each new term (September, January, May)
- Application will close end of the first month of each new term (September, January, May)
Graduate bursaries are targeted towards full-time students registered in certain programs:
- Advanced Health Care Practice (MClSc)
- Chemical and Biochemical Engineering (MEng)
- Civil and Environmental Engineering (MEng)
- Communication Sciences and Disorders (MClSc)
- Data Analytics (MDA)
- Design and Manufacturing Engineering (MEng)
- Electrical and Computer Engineering (MEng)
- Environment and Sustainability (MES)
- Family Medicine (MClSc)
- Journalism and Communication (MMJC)
- Library and Information Science (MLIS)
- Management of Applied Science (MMASc)
- Mechanical and Materials Engineering (MEng)
- Nuclear Engineering (MEng)
- Orthodontics (MClD)
- Occupational Therapy (MSc(OT))
- Pathologists' Assistant (MClSc)
- Physical Therapy (MPT)
- Public Administration (MPA)
The bursaries contribute towards the differential between Category I and Category II tuition fees for those full-time students demonstrating unmet financial need through an OSAP-type needs-assessment.
- Must be in an eligible Category II graduate program (see above)
- Must have been assessed with the maximum government student loan amounts (OSAP) and have unmet need for the assessment AND negotiate the loans
- You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident to apply
- Must apply for government student loans* (e.g. OSAP)
*If you are not eligible for government student loans, but meet the residency requirements, then please complete the application and Student Financial Aid will contact you if additional information is required.