Nuclear EngineeringMaster of Engineering (MEng)
Program ContactKristen Edwards (email@example.com)
Nuclear Engineering ProgramWestern University
Spencer Engineering Building Rm 2079
London, Ontario N6A 5B9
t. 519-661-2111 Ext. 88327
The University Network of Excellence in Nuclear Engineering (UNENE), created through the partnership of three leading Ontario universities, namely, McMaster University, University of Waterloo, and Western, presents a unique, innovative learning experience through a Master's Degree Program in Nuclear Engineering Design with emphasis on nuclear power reactor technology. UNENE is an alliance of universities, nuclear power utilities, research and regulatory agencies for the support and development of nuclear education, research and development capability in Canadian universities.
The educational component is in the form of an M. Eng program mainly catering for working professionals by being offered on weekends and using distance learning tools. Where feasible, courses are presented at nuclear industry sites for the convenience of the students. The program is designed to enhance industrial instructors and the educational materials of the partner firms.
- 15 Terms
- Part-time study
- Successful completion of an Honours Bachelors Degree in Engineering with grades equivalent to a mid B or better.
- Recommended three years or more post baccalaureate engineering experience in industry or the equivalent thereof.
- Individuals with an honours undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, Physics and related fields are also invited to apply.
- This program is for individuals who currently live and work within Southwestern Ontario. International applicants will only be considered once they have relocated to the area.
English Language Proficiency
Applicants whose first language is not English must furnish evidence of their proficiency in the use of the English language:
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The minimum acceptable score is 86, with no individual score below 20 for the internet based version; 213 for the standard electronic version; or 550 for the paper and pencil version, although some programs require a higher minimum score. [Western's TOEFL ID is 0984].
- The International English Language Testing Service (IELTS Academic) of the British Council. The minimum acceptable score is 6 out of 9, with no minimum score below 6.0. The IELTS is offered in 6 test centres in the US and 3 in Canada. <;i>The Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL Assessment). The minimum acceptable score is 60. The CAEL Assessment is offered in several countries throughout the world as well as Canada.
- Western English Language Centre Western's English Language Centre allows academically eligible students interested in pursuing a graduate degree at Western the opportunity to receive a conditional offer of admission to graduate studies without successful completion of an English language proficiency test. The condition is that the student must, in lieu of such a test, successfully complete Western English Language Centre's program. For more information, please visit http://englishlanguage.uwo.ca/.
- Fanshawe College’s ESL Program. The requirement is graduation from Level 10, English for Academic Purposes, with a minimum 80% in all components.