Physical TherapyMaster of Physical Therapy (MPT)
Why did you come to Western for your graduate degree?
What made me apply to Western was the reputation it has as a university, and the reputation of the Physical Therapy program.
Do you belong to any university or community groups?
I sit on the Clinical Education Committee for my program, as well, I have a small role on the Sport Physiotherapy Council.
Where’s your favourite place on campus?
The practice labs at Elborn College and the physical therapy lounge are my two favourite spots on campus.
What idea, suggestion, or comment would you like to share with the Western graduate community?
Working towards a graduate degree has taught me that you are an academic, but you also need to live a life outside of the classroom. You are going to work hard, and you are going to be stressed at times, so be sure to take time for yourself.
Program ContactDonna Beer (email@example.com)
Graduate Program Assistant
School of Physical TherapyWestern University
Elborn College Rm 1588
London, Ontario N6G 1H1
t. 519-661-2111 ext. 83360
The Master of Physical Therapy (MPT) degree is awarded upon successful completion of a 2-year curriculum which includes 60 weeks of classroom/laboratory work and 30 weeks of clinical experience.
- 6 Terms (2 years)
- Full-time study
- Combination of case-based, course-based, project-based
- Western Financial Assistance
- Travel and accommodation funding (up to $500 per placement to a maximum of $1000 for all placements) is available for students required to do placements outside the London area
- Four year bachelor's degree from a recognized university (minimum four academic years in length.)
English Language Proficiency
Applicants whose first language is not English must furnish evidence of their proficiency in the use of the English language:
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Minimum acceptable score is 109 for the internet version with a minimum of 23 on the speaking component and no other section score below 20. [Western's TOEFL ID is 0984].
- The International English Language Testing Service (IELTS). Minimum acceptable score is 8 out of 9.
- Early January - Acceptance notification in mid-May