Political ScienceMaster of Arts (MA)
Program ContactTeresa McLauchlan (email@example.com)
Graduate Program Advisor
Department of Political ScienceWestern University
Social Science Centre Rm 4150
London, Ontario N6A 5C2
t. 519-661-2111 ext. 83657
Western's Political Science Department is known for the outstanding quality of its research and teaching in Democratic Engagement, Global Justice, Urban Politics and Local Governance, and Research Methods. Our faculty offer expertise and training in all of the traditional subfields, such as Canadian Politics, Comparative Politics, International Relations, Local Government, and Political Theory but also value and encourage work that cuts across and challenges those boundaries. Not only do our faculty and students draw upon multiple theories and methods to solve a wide range of pressing domestic and international problems, we also invent new ones to expand the discipline’s analytical and explanatory power. If you share these values and want to acquire the skills necessary to put them into practice, we invite you to apply to our MA program.
- 3 Terms
- Full-time study
- Course-based or project-based
Applicants are encouraged to apply for the following scholarships (if eligible):
- 4-year Honours degree in Political Science.
- Achieved at least a 78% in all courses taken within the final two years of the undergraduate degree.
English Language Proficiency
Applicants whose first language is not English must furnish evidence of their proficiency in the use of the English language:
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Minimum acceptable score is 550 for the paper and pencil version, 213 for the computer version, or 86 for the internet version with no individual score below 20. [Western's TOEFL ID is 0984].
- The International English Language Testing Service (IELTS). Minimum acceptable score is 6 out of 9.
- The Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB). Minimum acceptable score is 80 on each section and an overall score of 85.
- The Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL Assessment). Minimum acceptable score is 60.
- Fanshawe College’s ESL Program. The requirement is graduation from Level 10, English for Academic Purposes, with a minimum 80% in all components.
- February 1 - Acceptance notification in April, concluding in July