AstronomyMaster of Science (MSc)
Program ContactBrian Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Graduate Affairs Assistant
Department of Physics & AstronomyWestern University
Physics and Astronomy Building Rm 138A
London, Ontario N6A 3K7
t. 519.661.2111 ext. 86639
Our department offers programs in both physics and astronomy leading to MSc and PhD degrees. We have a vibrant core faculty of 30 researchers covering the areas of astronomy, condensed matter physics, medical physics, atmospheric physics and planetary science.
- 6 Terms (2 years)
- Full-time study
- Thesis or project-based
Applicants (domestic and international) are encouraged to apply for the following scholarships:
- Canadian Institutes and Health Research (CIHR)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS)
- Four-year B.Sc. degree (or equivalent) in Astronomy, Physics or related area.
- Achieved at least a 70% (B) average in upper level Physical Science and Mathematical courses.
- International students are encouraged to take the GRE-Physics exam to both strengthen their application and to help the Admissions Committee more fairly evaluate it.
English Language Proficiency
Applicants whose first language is not English must furnish evidence of their proficiency in the use of the English language:
- January 15 - recommended for Fall term. Later applications may be accommodated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- March 1 - Fall Term
Students typically begin their studies in September.
Fields of Research
- Condensed Matter
- Medical Physics
- Planetary Physics