AccountingGraduate Diploma (GDip)
Program ContactStacey Hann (email@example.com)
DAN Department of Management & Organizational StudiesWestern University
London, Ontario N6G 0N1
t. 519-661-2111 ext. 82750
The Graduate Diploma in Accounting program is designed to prepare undergraduates for entrance into CPA Canada’s Professional Education Program (PEP) at an advanced level and the ultimate completion of the non-work experience requirements of the CPA designation.
The diploma is offered by the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies through the Ivey Business School (Ivey) and the DAN Department of Management & Organizational Studies in the Faculty of Social Science (DAN).
For 2020, the DAN Program will run from May 1 - July 31; the Ivey Program will run from April 25 - July 24.
- 13 weeks
- Full-time study
- For the 2020 offering, the DAN Department of Management & Organizational Studies will consider any applicants that meet the admission requirements as indicated on this site: https://dan.uwo.ca/graduate/gdip_accounting/future_students/index.html.
- Ivey Business School will only be accepting students from the Ivey program.
- Achieved at least a 72 per cent average across required third and fourth year CPA courses taken at Western or other undergraduate institutions.
- The Ivey Program requires a 250-word Statement of Interest.
- The DAN Program requires a 250-word Statement of Interest and current Resumé.
English Language Proficiency
Applicants with two or more years of schooling at an English speaking University in an English speaking country are exempt from the requirements to provide evidence of English language proficiency. Other applicants whose first language is not English must furnish evidence of their proficiency in the use of the English language by a satisfactory* achievement within the last two years in one of the following:
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): The minimum acceptable score is 90, with no individual score below 20 for the internet based version;[Western's TOEFL ID is 0984]. TOEFL Study Guide :
- The International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) of the British Council: The minimum acceptable score is 7 in each category out of 9. The IELTS is offered in 6 test centres in the US and 3 in Canada.
- The Canadian Academic English Language Assessment: The minimum acceptable score is 70 in each section. The CAEL Assessment is offered in several countries throughout the world as well as Canada.
Students who are required to present evidence of proficiency in English must make their own arrangements to write the TOEFL, IELTS, MELAB or CAEL and to have the official results sent directly to the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies by the testing agency.
Other formal evidence of graduate level proficiency in English (as determined by the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies) may be considered in lieu of these test scores. For the French and Spanish programs only, evidence of proficiency in English is a degree requirement but not a requirement for admission.
- Ivey Program deadline: February 28 - Acceptance notification by March 30
- DAN Program deadline: January 31 - Acceptance notification by March 30