Applied Health SciencesGraduate Diploma (Graduate Diploma)
Program ContactCheryl Harding (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Graduate Program Assistant
1201 Western Rd
t. 519-661-2111 ext. 88843
This flexible, fully-online graduate diploma prepares learners to excel and work adaptively in this rapidly changing environment and contribute to the complex problem-solving required by the health challenges of today and tomorrow. This program is ideal for individuals seeking skills that will prepare them to:
- Adapt rapidly to changes in health care systems
- Remain competitive in their existing role and practice
- Pivot into a new, more challenging position
- Thrive in inter-professional teams
- 3-6 terms (1-2 years)
- Part-time study
- Online only
Applicants must meet the following admission requirements in order to apply:
- An undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in the area of health sciences, from an accredited university, college or institute
- Minimum B average based on the last two years or 20 half credits of study
- Learners who hold an undergraduate degree, or equivalent, in an unrelated field and have at least two years of appropriate, full-time employment experience in the health sciences may be admitted on a case-by-case basis
English Language Proficiency
Applicants whose first language is not English must furnish evidence of their proficiency in the use of the English language:
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Minimum acceptable score is 550 for the paper and pencil version, 213 for the computer version, or 86 for the internet version with no individual score below 20. [Western's TOEFL ID is 0984].
- The International English Language Testing Service (IELTS). Minimum acceptable score is 6 out of 9.
- The Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB). Minimum acceptable score is 80 on each section and an overall score of 85.
- The Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL Assessment). Minimum acceptable score is 60.
- Fanshawe College's ESL Program. The requirement is graduation from Level 10, English for Academic Purposes, with a minimum 80% in all components.
- May 31 - Acceptance notification by mid-June