Civil and Environmental EngineeringMaster of Engineering (MEng)
Program ContactKristen Edwards (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Graduate Affairs Coordinator
Civil and Environmental EngineeringWestern University
Spencer Engineering Building Rm 3010
London, Ontario N6A 3K7
A Master of Engineering (MEng) degree is a professional coursework based degree offered at Western University and is offered to students who have a bachelor's engineering degree or an equivalent degree from an accredited university. The MEng program offers a course-based degree that may be a combination of course work and a project OR complete course work.
- Prior to April 2017, 6 Terms (2 years)
- After May 2017, 3 Terms (1 year)
- Full-time or part-time study
- Course-based or project-based
- Admission average is the North American B- (70%).
- Applicant should have a Bachelors degree in Engineering, or similar program.
English Language Proficiency
Applicants whose first language is not English must furnish evidence of their proficiency in the use of the English language:
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The minimum acceptable score is 86, with no individual score below 20 for the internet based version; 213 for the standard electronic version; or 550 for the paper and pencil version, although some programs require a higher minimum score. [Western's TOEFL ID is 0984].
- The International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) of the British Council. The minimum acceptable score is 6 out of 9, with no minimum score below 6.0. The IELTS is offered in 6 test centres in the US and 3 in Canada.
- The Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) of the University of Michigan. Students must have at least 80 on each of the sections and an overall score of at least 85. Arrangements to write MELAB may be made online. <;i>The Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL Assessment). The minimum acceptable score is 60. The CAEL Assessment is offered in several countries throughout the world as well as Canada.
- Western English Language Centre Western's English Language Centre allows academically eligible students interested in pursuing a graduate degree at Western the opportunity to receive a conditional offer of admission to graduate studies without successful completion of an English language proficiency test. The condition is that the student must, in lieu of such a test, successfully complete Western English Language Centre's program. For more information, please visit http://englishlanguage.uwo.ca/.
- CultureWorks. The requirement is successful completion of the High-Advanced level.Click here for information regarding a conditional offer of admission, pending CultureWorks completion.
- Fanshawe College’s ESL Program. The requirement is graduation from Level 5, Advanced Academic Preparation, with a minimum 80% in all components.
- July 1 - Fall Term
- November 1 - Winter Term
- March 1 - Summer Term
- April 15 - Fall Term
- August 15 - Winter Term
- December 15 - Summer Term