Gender, Sexuality & Women's StudiesMaster of Arts (MA)
Program ContactJunyu Ke (email@example.com)
Administrative and Graduate Coordinator
Gender, Sexuality & Women's StudiesWestern University
Lawson Hall Rm 3260A
London, Ontario N6A 5B8
t. 519-661-2111 ext. 84529
Explore the dynamics that shape your everyday experiences as a gendered person in contemporary culture. In our courses you will learn how to develop a critical perspective that takes factors such as sex, gender, sexuality, race, class and disability into account. You might find your worldview transformed as you apply these perspectives to your study in other classes and to all aspects of your life. Our courses reflect an expanding field of feminist research including feminist theory, health issues, philosophy, queer issues and sexuality studies, legal issues, violence against women, women and equity in the workplace, and women and the creative arts.
- 3 Terms
- Full-time study
- Course-based or project-based
Applicants are encouraged to apply for the following scholarships (if eligible):
- Honours BA in Women's, Gender or Feminist Studies.
- A minimum average of B+ (78%) in the last two years of study.
- Students from other disciplines may be considered if they demonstrate adequate preparation in feminist theory and methodology (at least three full-course equivalents above the first-year level including one seminar at the 300 level or above).
English Language Proficiency
Applicants whose first language is not English must furnish evidence of their proficiency in the use of the English language:
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Minimum acceptable score is 630 for the paper and pencil version, 267 for the computer version, or 109 for the internet version. [Western's TOEFL ID is 0984].
- The International English Language Testing Service (IELTS Academic). Minimum acceptable score is 8 out of 9.
- The Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB). Minimum acceptable score is 85 on each section and an overall score of 91.
- January 15 - Late applications will be considered if spaces remain