KinesiologyMaster of Arts (MA)
Supervisor: Alison Jean Doherty
Why did you come to Western for your graduate degree?
I came to Western University for my graduate degree for two reasons. First, the Kinesiology program is known internationally as a reputable program. Second, the program offers an internship component that not all other universities offer.
Describe your research.
I am looking at the implications of cause related marketing in the sports realm. I am researching athletes as sports marketers and how national sport organizations can use this marketing technique to expand their sponsorship portfolios.
What’s the best advice you could give to someone considering applying to your graduate program?
The MA in Kinesiology program is more research focused than course focused, so make sure you keep on track and utilize your spare time to make connections with other students and faculty.
Do you serve on any Department, Faculty, or University committees?
I have worked for the Kinesiology grad committee as the VP of social affairs.
Have you worked as a TA or RA?
I have worked as both a TA and a RA. The most rewarding aspect of my experience as an RA was the opportunity to experience working in a research setting and conducting experiments and analyzing the outcomes of such experiments.
Program ContactLaurie Bodin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Graduate Program Assistant
School of KinesiologyWestern University
3M Centre Room 2230
London, Ontario N6A 3K7
t. 519-661-2111 ext. 83075
Master’s degree graduates can continue to the doctoral level in the same or related area within Kinesiology at Western, or elsewhere. Master’s degrees can also lead to other professional programs such as medicine and physical therapy, or provide specialization and enhanced marketing, and related government fields.
- 6 Terms
- Full-time study
- Project-based or thesis-based
Applicants are encouraged to apply for the following scholarships (if eligible):
- Graduation in Honours Kinesiology or equivalent with a first or high second class standing over the final two years or graduation from an accredited university with an equivalent degree and standing.
- Graduation in other related fields with a first or high second class standing over the final two years and completion of any deficiencies that may be determined by the Kinesiology Graduate Affairs Committee.
English Language Proficiency
Applicants whose first language is not English must furnish evidence of their proficiency in the use of the English language:
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The minimum TOEFL requirements for applicants to graduate programs in Kinesiology are internet-based 105, and paper-based 620, and computer-based 260. [Western's TOEFL ID is 0984].
- The International English Language Testing Service (IELTS). The minimum IELTS score is 7.5/9.0, with no individual component score less than 6.0.
- The minimum Duolingo English Test score is 120.
Please contact the Kinesiology Graduate Program for details about the application process and timelines, including specific information about scholarships and International applications.
Acceptance notifications are processed on a rolling basis throughout the year.
Fields of Research
- Management and Leadership in Kinesiology
- Psychological Basis of Kinesiology
- Sociocultural Studies of Kinesiology