Media StudiesMaster of Arts (MA)
Program ContactShelley Long (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Graduate Programs Assistant
Faculty of Information and Media StudiesWestern University
FIMS and Nursing Building, Room 2020
London, Ontario N6A 5B7
A one-year degree that cultivates critically engaged scholarship at the intersection of media, information, technology, and culture. The program offers opportunities to pursue advanced research or research-creation projects across media and disciplines, including the political economy of media, information studies, cultural studies, social movements and social justice, quantitative studies of digital media, critical data studies, media history, and consumer and promotional culture.
Graduates of the MA program will be well prepared to pursue doctoral studies in media studies, communication or other related disciplines, or to enter the workplace in a variety of communications-related industries, in research, consulting, education, and in the communications, policy and regulatory agencies of government.
- 3 Terms (1 year)
- Full-time study, part-time study
Applicants (domestic and international) are encouraged to apply for the following scholarships:
- Four-year degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum 78% overall average in the last two full-time years of the undergraduate degree.
English Language Proficiency
Applicants whose first language is not English must furnish evidence of their proficiency in the use of the English language:
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Minimum acceptable score is 107 for the internet version. [Western's TOEFL ID is 0984].
- The International English Language Testing Service (IELTS). Minimum acceptable score is 8 out of 9.
- February 1 - Acceptance notification from mid March to late April