ManagementMaster of Science (MSc)
What is it about your grad program that enables you to thrive and be successful?
Without a doubt, the supportive Ivey community. Not only are professors and all staff members fully committed and dedicated to the success of all students, but the Ivey alumni network, and the community of current Ivey students, is one of the strongest I have ever been in.
Where’s your favourite place on campus?
The Ivey courtyard is my favourite. The light and fresh air really gets the creative juices flowing.
Do you belong to any university or community groups?
I am the president of CEMS (Community of European Management Schools) community Club Canada. Our main goal as a club is to foster the growth of the CEMS Community in Canada through a series of social, corporate and philanthropic events.
What comment would you like to share with the Western graduate community?
Enjoy your time as a graduate student and approach every day with an open mind. It is important to build and strengthen your professional and social networks and I believe that Ivey provides a truly great environment to accomplish this task.
What is your “dream” career?
I would like to work for a global company where I can continue traveling and learning about the world. Working in a role that allows me to become involved with corporate social responsibility activities, and helping the business world become more sustainable, would be a dream come true.
Program ContactIvey MSc Program Services/General Inquiries (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ivey Business SchoolWestern University
1255 Western Road, 2nd Floor
London, Ontario N6G 0N1
Ivey's 16-month MSc programs are specifically designed for high-achieving university graduates who are poised to leverage their education and experiences to become global business leaders. The MSc is a direct-entry masters program that offers three fields of research centered around international management and business analytics. These fields are based on in-class case discussions and real world experiences, including guaranteed ten-week placements in both Canadian (Business Analytics) and international (International Business field) firms.
In December of 2009, Ivey was selected as the exclusive Canadian partner in the internationally renowned CEMS alliance. This partnership gives Ivey MSc students the opportunity to participate in the Master of International Management program with students from other leading schools in the alliance like the London School of Economics, HEC Paris, National University of Singapore, ESADE (Spain) and Fundao Getulio Vargas (Brazil). Students register as Ivey MSc students and pursue the CEMS MIM program concurrently.
- 4 Terms (1.33 years)
- Program begins in January each year (no September start date)
- Full-time study
- Richard Ivey MSc Excellence Awards, valued at up to $20,000, are available to outstanding candidates pursuing either the MSc-International Business, MSc-CEMS or MSc- Business Analytics options.
- Undergraduate degree received within the past two years.
- Competitive B (77%-79% Western University equivalent) average in your previous two years of study.
- Possess one of more of the following business pre-requisite courses - details here.
- GMAT* or GRE** score (required) - expected score is 600 or higher.
- Two reference letters (one must be academic).
- Professional resumé.
- High level of fluency in a minimum of two languages (for MSc-CEMS applicants ONLY).
- Strong Quantitative courses in calculus, linear algebra, statistics and computer science (for MSc-Business Analytics ONLY).
*Graduates of a four-year undergraduate degree in business (or related discipline) from a Canadian University who achieved a 78% average or higher over their final two years of study may be eligible to have the GMAT admission requirement waived. These waivers are awarded during the admissions process.
**We accept both the GMAT and the GRE score, but will convert your GRE score to a GMAT score. To see an approximate score, please visit the GRE Comparison Tool.
- Prerequisite courses are required. Please visit MSc Admission Requirements for more information.
English Language Proficiency
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Minimum acceptable score is 550 for the paper and pencil version with no individual score below 56, or 86 for the internet version with no individual score below 20. [Ivey's TOEFL ID is 1602-02].
- The International English Language Testing Service (IELTS). Minimum acceptable score is 7 out of 9.
Please review the admissions deadline chart and requirements here: https://www.ivey.uwo.ca/msc/admission/apply/
Fields of Research
- Business Analytics
- International Business
- International Business with CEMS-MIM